We’ve got you covered!
Guaranteed Ride Home is your safety net when an emergency arises during work. Commuters who use a carpool, vanpool, bus, train, bicycle, or walk to work are eligible. All you need to do is call visit Commuter Connections and click “sign up”.
Who can use GRH?
You are eligible if you:
- Live or work in the Baltimore/DC region.
- Commuted to work by carpool, vanpool, bus, train, bicycle, or walking at least two days per week.
- Used one of the above commute modes on the day of the emergency.
- Unexpected personal illness or emergency
- Unexpected family illness or emergency
- Unscheduled overtime
- Carpool/vanpool driver has an illness, emergency, or unscheduled overtime
- Household emergency
- Potentially dangerous weather (bicyclists and walkers only)
Please note the following do not qualify as emergencies:
- Rides to work
- Personal errands or pre-planned appointments during the workday
- Scheduled overtime
- On-the-job injury
- Transit system failures
- Vehicle failure
- Building closings
- Weather emergencies
- Park and Ride lot or where your car is parked
- Child’s day care or school
- Medical facility
Sign up now, and you’ll be covered for a year!