|Welcome to our kid’s fun page! We have all kinds of cool stuff for you to do. You can learn more about buses, cars, trucks, trains, boats, and more! You can play games, take a quiz, color, or do a puzzle.
But first, think about how you get around? Do you take a bus or subway? Ride a bike? Walk to school? Ride in a car?
If you do any of these things, transportation is a part of your life! We all need transportation in order to get around – even if we walk, we need sidewalks and safe places to cross the street.
Plus, all of the things that you buy from a store or local market are delivered by trucks, trains, boats, and airplanes! Your clothes, your computer, your school books, and even the wood that was used to build your house – all of these things were moved from one place to another using transportation.
Learn more about transportation on these cool websites:
- Transportation in Maryland Kids Page - Check out these awesome photos and links to the the cool railroads, bridges, tunnels, and national highways of Maryland.
- Steering Your Way To Bicycle Safety - Before you pull your bike out of the garage, read a little about bicycle safety - why it's so important and what you can do to ride safely.
- B&O Railroad Museum Kids Corner - The B&O Railroad Museum is committed to fostering education and a love of trains in children of all ages.
- Play It Safe! My Traffic Safety Fun Book - Lots of great games and other good stuff for kids and parents. (NHTSA)
- Walk To School Day / Bike to School Day - Walking promotes physical activity, learning safe walking skills and reducing traffic congestion, pollution and speed near schools.
- Family Travel Fun from the Maryland Transportation Authority (MDTA)
- Energy Kids - Games, activities, science fair experiments, and information on energy sources, how to save energy, and more. Great resource for kids and teachers!
- Ready.Gov Kids Page - Are you ready for an emergency? Check out these games, activities and more. Includes great resources for parents and educators too!
- Let's Get Ready - Preparing for emergencies is something the whole family and community can do together! Help children remember important information, and create a family emergency kit and plan. These steps will go a long way in keeping children safe and secure.
For Parents, Caregivers, and Educators
- Safe Routes to School - By starting with children and the trip to school, communities become safe places for everyone to walk and bike. By creating safe places for everyone, communities take a major step towards meeting the national goal of ending traffic deaths on roads.
- A Parent's Guide to Playing It Safe with Kids and Cars (SafeCar.Gov) - is designed to equip you with easy-to-understand information about today’s vehicle safety features, car seats and how to keep your kids safe in and around vehicles.
- Car Safety - Here you’ll find information and resources to keep your loved ones safe on the road, in and around cars.
- Maryland Child Passenger Safety
- Clean Air Partners On the Air Curriculum - The On the Air curriculum facilitates the understanding of air pollution by studying: Criteria Air Pollutants, the Air Quality Index, Ozone, Particulate Matter, the Health Effects of Air Pollution, Community Sources and Solutions of Air Pollution and Climate Change.
- Transportation and Health Tool - The Transportation and Health Tool (THT) was developed by the U.S. Department of Transportation and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to provide easy access to data that practitioners can use to examine the health impacts of transportation systems.
- NTSB Safety Alerts - Take action to improve your safety and the safety of your family and friends by following the suggestions in these NTSB Safety Alerts
- Additional Child Safety Resources
* images credit: PBIC Image Library
Last Updated on Tuesday, 19 December 2017 19:05