We all have places to be. Whether we are working or retired, there is always somewhere to go. But did you know that how you choose to get there can affect all of us?
People who drive alone create a large part of the emissions that cause air pollution in the Baltimore region. Single occupant vehicles also contribute to highway congestion, which in turn leads to even more emissions and dirtier air.
There are many alternatives to driving by yourself:
- Rideshare - Share the costs and make new friends.
- Transit - It’s easy, economical, and convenient.
- Telework - Let work come to you.
- Bicycle - Get and stay in shape while commuting.
- Walk- 40% of trips are within walking distance.
|! Did you know that riding transit, bicycling, carpooling, walking, or teleworking is clean commuting? It’s anything other than driving alone in a motor vehicle.|
Because motor vehicles contribute up to 30% of the emissions that dirty our air, people who choose to clean commute are making an individual choice that helps reduce air pollution. Each person that chooses to clean commute helps to improve the quality of life in our region.
Even people who have to drive alone can help by keeping their vehicles maintained and running as efficiently as possible.
Reasons to Clean Commute The quality of the air affects the way we live and breathe. Air pollution can affect our health over short periods of time or in the long term. The good news is that we all can do something to help improve the air quality in our region and protect ourselves.
- Improve Air Quality – Motor vehicles contribute up to 30% of the emissions that dirty our air. Choosing to clean commute can help reduce air pollution. How? Find out more here…
- Reduce Congestion Ever been stuck in traffic? It’s frustrating and it causes more pollution leading to dirtier air. Why not leave the traffic and try transit? It’s easy, economical, and convenient.
- Protect Your Health – Air pollution can make breathing difficult for everyone. Find out how to protect yourself on poor air quality days…
- Save Money – Earning tax breaks while helping to improve air quality? Its true! Find out more about the Commuter Choice program.
Learn More About Clean Commuting
Learn more about how you can clean commute! Also, employers can play a big role in encouraging employees to use clean commute options. Visit the Commuter Choice program web site for more information.
For more information:
Russ Ulrich, email@example.com or 410-732-9575.
Links to other web sites:
Real time traffic information
CHART (Coordinated Highways Action Response Team) - live traffic video, real-time traffic maps
I-95 Corridor Coalition - real time travel information from New Jersey to North Carolina