There are a number of travel options for the elderly, people with disabilities and/or others with special mobility needs. Find out what paratransit service is available in your neighborhood!
- MTA Mobility/Paratransit - Mobility/Paratransit is a specialized, curb-to-curb service for people with disabilities who are not able to ride fixed-route public transportation including lift-equipped buses. Service is provided within 3/4 of a mile of any fixed-route service (bus, light rail, or Subway) in Baltimore City and Baltimore and Anne Arundel counties. Riders must be certified before using services. For full details visit http://www.mtamaryland.com/mobility/ or call 410-727-3535.
- Carroll Area Transit System - http://www.gobycats.org/ - CATS provides demand-response transportation to meet the needs seniors, people with disabilities, and transportation disadvantaged of Carroll County. Demand-response is a shared ride, door to door, advanced reservation service offered on a space available basis and with driver assistance. If a rider requires any type of assistance to board, ride, and/or disembark must notify the dispatcher of their special needs when they schedule their transportation so that the proper vehicle can be scheduled. To schedule a ride on CATS, call toll free at 866-304-2287 or 410-876-RIDE.
- Harford Services for Citizens with Disabilities - Harford Transit provides services in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Vehicles are wheelchair accessible. For more information, contact the dispatcher by phone at 410-612-1621 or 410-838-2562 or by TTY/TDD at 410-612-1643.
- HT Ride - www.howardtransit.com/htride/Default.asp is a specialized transportation service for individuals who cannot ride fixed-route buses. This service consists of two service components:
- General Services - HT Ride provides shared ride transportation to medical appointments, senior centers and employment (on a limited basis) to eligible Howard County residents who a) have a disability, b) are age 60 and over, and/or c) are low-income.
- ADA Services - HT Ride provides general purpose shared ride service to individuals with disabilities who are eligible under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Service is limited to areas that are within 3/4 of a mile of Howard Transit fixed route service.
- Neighbor Ride - www.neighborride.org. For Howard County’s older residents, this is a reasonably priced, reliable, supplemental transportation service that utilizes community volunteers and resources. For a ride or to learn more, call 410-884-3616.
For more information:
Regina Aris, firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-732-0500 x1046.