Bike and Pedestrian Resources
Ready to get involved locally? Want to learn more?
The following are links to local and state organizations or government agencies, as well as national organizations which can serve as a clearinghouse for information on bicycle and pedestrian-related topics.
Local and State Resources
- Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Group - Baltimore Regional Transportation Board
- Maryland Bicycle Advisory Committee - Maryland State Highway Administration
- Bike Maryland
- Bicycle Advocates for Annapolis & Anne Arundel County (Bike AAA)
- Annapolis Regional Transportation Management Association (ARTMA)
- BikeBaltimore - Baltimore City Department of Transportation
- Baltimore Bicycling Club
- B'More Bikes Blog
- Howard County Bicycle Master Plan
- Bicycling Advocates of Howard County
Bicycle Commuting Resources
- D.C. Area on-line Bike to Work Guide - This guide is designed to ease the transition to bike commuting for Washington, D.C. area employees and to help employers encourage this smarter way to work.
- Paul Dorn’s Bike Commuting Tips - A personal look at the changes involved in trying bike commuting and then sticking with it: “Just a few years ago I was in pretty poor shape: a pack-a-day smoker, a frequent drinker, a tendency for exercise avoidance, rarely outdoors. Hoping to encourage a healthier lifestyle, my partner (now wife) Marianne gave me an inexpensive mountain bike as a Christmas gift in 1994….”
For more information:
Regina Aris, email@example.com or 410-732-9572