Who We Are
- The organization of the Baltimore region’s elected executives, representing Baltimore City and Anne Arundel, Baltimore, Carroll, Harford and Howard counties
What We Do
- Identify regional interests
- Collaborate on strategies, plans and programs
- Improve the quality of life and economic vitality in the Baltimore region
Our Areas of Activity
- Air and Water Quality Programs
- Building Permits Data System
- Computer Mapping Applications
- Cooperative Purchasing
- Economic and Demographic Research
- Emergency Preparedness and Public Safety
- Rideshare Coordination
- Transportation Planning
- The Baltimore Metropolitan Council was chartered in 1992 as the successor to the Regional Planning Council and Baltimore Regional Council of Governments.
BMC and the BRTB
- The Baltimore Regional Transportation Board is the federally recognized Metropolitan Planning Organization for transportation planning in the Baltimore region.
- Members of the BMC Board serve on the BRTB. The Mayor of Annapolis and representatives of the Maryland Departments of Transportation, the Environment and Planning as well as the Maryland Transit Administration also serve on the BRTB.
- BMC provides technical and staff support to the BRTB.
Last Updated on Monday, 24 November 2014 14:14